The CP Journal started with the goal of becoming the place where Marines and soldiers could learn the skills needed to get left of bang. Since our start, we’ve expanded our offerings to support our nation’s police officers and private security professionals after seeing a similar need, but the commitment to our nation’s military and protectors remains steadfast. Even if you aren’t in the military, you can benefit from the continual improvement of our training programs designed to improve the decisions that people make in high stakes situations with limited time and limited information.
Click to see how Passion Turned Into Commitment
Want to join the team? Take a look at our careers page.
We Believe That
- Education is everything and never ending. Our nation’s protectors deserve exceptional training and access to the best resources available. We provide what is needed to prevent violence from occurring.
- People learn by doing and recognizing patterns come from experience. Training must expose students to new experiences and provide the opportunity to apply the skills taught immediately following a course. We provide that environment.
- Training has to lead to better performance, be proven and continuously improved. Objective analysis and consistent data-driven improvements have to be part of the learning and teaching process. We provide that commitment to unceasingly improve our courses, maximize a student’s time spent learning, and are dedicated to improving your operational effectiveness.
- A bias for action comes from confidence. Throughout continuous development, protectors can take informed action, not doubt their observations, and confidently take action on those intend to harm others.
December: Company is formed as Active Analysis Consulting, LLC
September: first in-person seminar delivered
February: Online training center launched
October: launch of first version of online education program
June: Jonathan Smith joins The CP Journal full time as a Co-Founder
March: The Academy - the new online learning platform - is opened
Click on the picture to learn about the history and significance of our logo, tagline, and name.
- Click here to see a list of recent press-releases and media appearances.